Welcome to Highcroft Exotic Vets in Bristol.
At Highcroft Exotic Vets, we understand that exotic pets require specialised care and attention. We are proud to be a leading veterinary clinical, and an RWAF gold standard practice, providing exceptional medical services for a wide range of exotic animals. Our dedicated exotic species team is led by Dr Sonya Miles BVSc CertAVP (ZM), CertAqV MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Advanced Practitioner in Zoological Medicine and WAVMA Certified Aquatic Species Veterinarian. Sonya is closely supported by exotic species veterinarian Dr Amy Reynolds BVetMed MRCVS, who is soon to also have further exotic species qualifications, and a team of exotic species interns. The team is completed by our highly qualified exotic species veterinary nurses and animal care assistants, Kati Heddington RVN C&GVNES, Laura Warren BSc(Hons), DipRVN C&GVNES, Josie Nott RVN, DipVN, FdSc, BSc(hons) and Ally Stevens BSc (hons) who between them have worked with exotic species for more than 20 years. Together they put 100% care and passion into the needs of these very special creatures, offering both a first opinion and referral service.
We believe that every exotic pet deserves personalised care. Our team of clinicians has extensive expertise in treating a variety of exotic species including rabbits, rodents and other exotic mammals, birds, reptiles, invertebrates, amphibians and fish, from both domestic, zoological and wildlife collections. Our exotic species department is designed with the utmost care for the needs of the exotic species that we see, and includes, but not exclusive to:
- Separate dedicated ward for exotic species designed to minimise stress.
- Specialist hospitalisation equipment, including vivaria, large accommodation facilities for bonded companions and aquaria for aquatic species.
- State-of-the-art exotic surgical suite with specialist equipment for use exclusively on our patients for soft tissue, orthopaedic, neutering and dental procedures and surgeries.
- Full diagnostics with onsite laboratory, laser therapy, digital x-ray, CT scanner, endoscopy and ultrasound, as well as access to an MRI.
- We are proud to be an RWAF gold accredited practice.
At Highcroft Exotic Vets we prioritise preventative medicine to ensure the long-term health and well-being of your beloved pets. From routine check-ups and vaccinations, to nutritional guidance and behavioural consultations, we offer a comprehensive range of service to keep your exotic companion thriving.
Thank you for choosing Highcroft Exotic Vets for your exotic pet’s healthcare needs. We look forward to partnering with you in providing exceptional veterinary care and fostering a lifelong bond with your extraordinary companion.