Highcroft Veterinary Hospital
- Please note that opening hours may be subject to change, please call us to book an appointment or to arrange collection of medication or food.
We are proud of being a Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) accredited Veterinary Hospital. Our hospital has outstanding clinical facilities and some of the most highly qualified vets in the country here to look after your pet. It is also home to our referral centre to where our team of in-house consultants and specialists see patients referred to them from all over the South West.
Practice assessors from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons have awarded Highcroft Veterinary Hospital ‘Outstanding’ in Client Service, Diagnostic Service, Emergency and Critical Care, and In-Patient Service as part of the Practice Standards Scheme. This is a fantastic achievement for everyone at Highcroft, and well deserved recognition for all the hard work that our staff do.
Cat Friendly Clinic
Here at Highcroft Veterinary Hospital, we are very proud to hold the Silver Cat Friendly Clinic Award (internal link to Cat Friendly page) from International Cat Care. We have separate dog and cat waiting areas, feline-friendly hospitalisation cages, and specialist cat equipment.
Rabbit Friendly Clinic
Highcroft Veterinary Hospital in Whitchurch is a Gold accredited “Rabbit Friendly Practice”, an award only given out to a handful of practices throughout the entire UK by the RWAF, find out more about this status here.
Recognised training hospital
We are also a recognised training centre for vets and nurses. This helps many veterinary schools in the UK with their undergraduate and postgraduate training.
Open seven days a week for routine appointments
Highcroft Veterinary Hospital and Surgery is open seven days a week, and weekday evenings until 8pm, for routine appointments. You are welcome to use these appointments regardless of which Highcroft surgery you would normally visit.
We are always pleased to receive your feedback and constantly aim to provide a high-quality service, so if you have any compliments or suggestions on how we can improve, we would like to hear from you. Please view the have your say page for further details.
Facilities and services
- 24-hour monitored hospitalisation with separate dog and cat wards, isolation unit and secure external space for exercising patients.
- Ambulance service.
- Car parking.
- Dedicated separate dental suite.
- Digital X-ray.
- Disabled access.
- Exotic pets.
- Four consultation rooms.
- Healthy Pet Club.
- Home visits.
- Laboratory for same day results.
- Lecture theatre for delivery of continued professional development (CPD).
- MiPet Cover insurance.
- Nurse clinics.
- Pet passports.
- Repeat prescriptions.
- Puppy training classes.
- Referrals – cardiology, soft tissue, oncology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, exotic species, MRI and CT scanning, neurology, internal medicine.
- Two sterile operating theatres.
- Separate dog, cat and rabbit waiting area.
- Ultrasound scanning.
You can find more details on the full team here at our Whitchurch hospital and the rest of Highcroft Veterinary Group team here.