Pet bereavement support
Pets are part of the family and are often our best friends, which is why we understand how difficult coping with the loss of a pet can be.
At our practice we recognise the importance in being able to support and advise you through any difficult times or decisions, and that’s why many of our staff are trained by the Blue Cross in pet bereavement support.
Our pet bereavement support advisers are:
- Jane Paulton at Batheaston Veterinary Clinic and Haycombe Veterinary Centre
- Sally Compton RVN at Frome Veterinary Centre and Silva House Veterinary Centre
- Maggie Sloan at Frome Veterinary Centre and Silva House Veterinary Centre
- Rachael Webb at Frome Veterinary Centre
- Deb Axford at Silva House Veterinary Centre and Haycombe Veterinary Centre
- Casey Stokes at Silva House Veterinary Centre and Haycombe Veterinary Centre
- Kirstie Smith at Brislington Veterinary Surgery
- Isabeau Kenmuir at Longwell Green Veterinary Centre
- Lisa Tolfree at Longwell Green Veterinary Centre
Our pet bereavement advisers have experience, time and compassion for any of our clients who need a listening ear. They can recommend support networks or groups to suit you.
Remember we are here to help. Our fully trained pet bereavement advisers will listen to you and help you overcome any of those overwhelming feelings with complete confidentiality. Pet loss is something very close to all our hearts and we know how important it is to have someone supporting you at this difficult time.
If you are facing a difficult decision on whether to put your pet to sleep, please view our end of life care and support page where you will find further information about the euthanasia process and the different pathways you can take. Alternatively contact us to discuss your options.
If you would like to speak to one of our pet bereavement advisers, please phone your local practice or come and pop in for a chat. Alternatively you can contact the Blue Cross directly by using their Pet Bereavement Support Service.